Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Paint-n-Date!

I LOVE date night! I spend most of the week looking forward to Thursday nights because I know those are going to be awesome fun times.

Last Thursday was no different...As I mentioned before, my loving and phenomenal boyfriend, Brian, agreed to go paint pottery for our weekly Date Night so we decided to go to the Bisque Bistro to paint something.

This whole place is soooo cool and easy!  You pick the pieces you want to paint, then grab whatever colors you want and go for it. Since Thursdays are "Ladies Night" and "Date Night," the studio fee is only $4, and most of their pieces are averaging at about $12 so the price isn't bad at all and they are open until 10:00PM allowing you to make a night out of it.

Going in, our first goal was to find a vase and paint it since the only one that survived the move from Houston is large enough to hold an altar arrangement. Unfortunately, they were out of vases, so we went back to shelves to figure out what to paint. I went between a dog bowl and wine glass and decided on the wine glass.

Brian was going between a plate and a dog bowl...can you tell we are puppy parents? lol He was just settling on the plate when he saw a cute little monkey bank. I cannot even remember the number of times he told that monkey how cute it was. I half expected it to respond with "I know!"

Anyway, we settled down with all our paints and brushes and water bins and got to painting. I was laughing and chatting the whole time and occasionally Brian would respond or just grunt. At first, I thought he might be having a bad time and was bored, but then I took a closer look. He had all 6 paint wells filled with different colors and was sitting there with the tip of his tongue out of the corner of his mouth concentrating on painting the perfect color combination on his bank. I couldn't help but smile. It was so cute! Finally he got the first coats of paint on his little monkey and started talking all about how much fun it was and how he initially thought it was going to be different and boring. We yammered on until our pottery was complete and our workstation was cleaned up. It had been a blast.

When we finished, we had spent 1.5 hours painting at Bisque Bistro resulting in a "hot tamale" speckled wine glass and super cute brown with gold feet monkey bank ready for glazing and firing. I can't even begin to tell you how neat of an experience it was...we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and can't wait to go back.

We've already decided when we go back, we are going to try doing a mosaic since that side of the store looked like SO MUCH FUN. We can't wait to pick up our pieces this Thursday. I will definitely post some before and after photos for you to see!

I am so glad I have such an awesome boyfriend who is willing to try these little follies of mine. Haven't figured out what to do for Date Night this week, but I am sure it will be fun too...will be sure to tell you all about it!

Now, go grab your guy or gal and paint some pottery...it might not be like the scene from Ghost, but it sure is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment